After School Activities
The SSIS after-school activity program (ASA) offers students in grades 1-12 the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities and clubs. These activity sessions give students a chance to practice Balance in Life, one of our Core Values. There are a variety of activities offered, so students have a chance to try new activities or advance their skills in others.
Offerings change on a regular basis to reflect the desires of the students and the talents in the community. In the past, activities have included but were not limited to, dance, cooking classes, Vietnamese folktales, board games, martial arts, robotics, design technology, flag football and jewelry making.
Clubs and Academic Teams
SSIS clubs and academic teams provide opportunities for students fulfill the core values of Dedicated Service, Sense of Self, Balance in Life and Academic Excellence. Students can choose from different clubs and/or teams which include both community-based projects and activity-based projects.
Participating students develop leadership and communication skills while building friendships. These may include activities such as:
- Student Council (providing service to classroom community)
- Bliss 4 Youth (providing service to the school community)
- Global Issues Network (providing service to the larger community)
Involvement in academic teams give our students the chance to following their passions and improve their knowledge of specific subject areas.
- Mathletes (competing in local and international events)
- Model United Nations (attending conferences locally and internationally)
- Medical Interns (learning at a local clinic)