Personal Data Protection Policy
Saigon South International School complies with the relevant national data protection regulations. We are committed to keeping personal information accurate, up-to-date, safe, secure and will not keep personal information longer than necessary. This privacy notice explains how we use personal information, who we share it with and the ways in which we protect and account for the protections to privacy. This notice applies to all personal data collected for and on behalf of the school. This pertains to information collected in analog (forms, documents, in writing) and through technological means such as information systems and email.
From time to time, we will make you aware when we require additional personal information for processing through a separate specific privacy notice.
Most, if not all, of your personal data, was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you have provided and this may include:
- Inquiry Form;
- Various types of Application and/or Registration Forms;
- All other School and/or support services related Request Forms
- Previous qualification related documents and/or certificates
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- From third parties including previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above;
- Personal data which are available in the public domain;
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of the School's website
- We also use third-party services such as Google Analytics for analyzing the use of our website, as well as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube in order to allow following us. These services will often store their own cookies. You can amend your cookie settings at any time directly on the third-party websites.
Why do we collect and use personal information?
We collect and use personal information to carry out the education services as prescribed above. In some circumstances, we may be required to share your personal data for legal statutory purposes or under legitimate interest. If we need to share your information we will ensure, if required, that you are advised.
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and may share include:
- personal information (such as name, date of birth, unique number and address)
- special categories of data (such as health, ethnicity)
- other relevant categories for the performance of our services (such as assessment, relevant medical information, special educational needs information, exclusions /behavioral information and psychological reports and assessments)
- attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- logging and audit in the use of IT systems and education technology apps, applications and cloud-based systems
- photographs and videos taken by staff and students throughout the school year to record and share learning at SSIS. Your child may be identifiable in these photographs.
- photographs taken for identification purposes e.g. ID cards, annual school yearbook.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The School needs to collect and process your child's and your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, include but is not restricted to:
Name, passport number, address, contact numbers, personal email address, photos and images, nationality, student's gender, date of birth, previous qualification, parents'/guardian's marital status, emergency contact person(s) details, billing- related information, employment/occupation.
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not proceed further with your matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
The personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data' include, but not restricted to:
Race, religion, health, records of misconduct and disciplinary action, records of criminal offense, family court orders.
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
How We Use Personal Information
The school collects personal information and sensitive categories of personal information of students, parents employees and at times third parties, to provide a safe and caring environment for teaching, learning, and general educational purposes. We use the information you provide for purposes that are necessary by law and required to undertake the performance of the contract into which you have entered and do so as we are required to do by law. We will always ensure we have a condition for processing personal and sensitive information.
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- to undertake and manage the school admissions and enrollment;
- to provide a safe learning environment;
- to support and enable the academic, pastoral and personal objectives of children, including the monitoring and reporting of progress;
- To manage and respond to inquiries;
- To be used for newsletter, promotional emails and other materials from Saigon South International School
- To maintain students' personal details, academic and non-academic records;
- To facilitate the internships, placement or work experience as well as co-curricular related activities and other school events;
- To maintain a student/class register;
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counseling and pastoral services;
- To manage the use of facilities including the library, laboratories and so on;
- To administer the graduation and alumni-related events;
- To administer the tuition fee and other payments;
- To communicate with students on any important announcements;
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards;
- To contact student's next of kin in case of an emergency;
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security-related requirements
- To pursue/collect any sums in arrears by our parents/guardians;
- To care for the medical needs of students;
- For all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, other forms of telecommunications and technology services;
- To help investigate any concerns or complaints you may have;
- Any other purposes related to the smooth running of the School.
Who do we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to a third party except in limited circumstances as noted below.
- By giving your consent, you authorize SSIS to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required, or authorized by or under the law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
- This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their subcontractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
How do we protect your personal data?
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Any personal data that you provide on our website is initially processed and stored by SSIS.
- Using a secured connection only authorized SSIS personnel can then access and download your personal data from ssis.edu.vn.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you have finished using a shared computer.
Where and how long do we keep your personal data?
SSIS reserves the right to retain your personal data whether in our files located in Vietnam or in cloud servers, or under certain circumstances such as when your personal data may be necessary to resolve disputes, or if SSIS is required to do so by law or in the good faith; provided that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or protect and defend the rights or property of SSIS. If SSIS is required to retain any portion of your personal data for such purposes, it shall use reasonable efforts to limit such data to what is necessary to accomplish the particular purpose.
Provision Of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of the School is mandatory unless specified otherwise, in enabling us to process your application/request and offer our services to you.
Should you fail to provide the said information, the School may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Saigon South International School will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines.
The School may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies, statutory authorities, and industry regulators;
- The Vietnamese Immigration Department and its appointed agencies;
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies;
- The student's sponsors including his/her parents/guardians;
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements;
- Professional or accreditation bodies;
- Examination boards;
- Third parties appointed by Saigon South International School to provide services to the School including auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organizer and insurance companies;
Right To Access And Data Subject's Obligation
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by the School under the Act. We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe the records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify the School in a timely manner. If you wish to request access to, or to correct the data held by the School, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to email@example.com.
Saigon South International School reserves the right to charge you an administrative fee for processing any data access request.
Although we only process your personal data for purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have the right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by contacting the School through the aforementioned. However, if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data (and/or decide not to give us consent to process your personal data, including explicit consent for sensitive personal data), we will not perform the contract of enrollment or process your application for enrollment with us.
Accordingly, if you decide not to provide the mandatory information to us, it may necessarily mean the Contract of Enrollment may have to be terminated or that an offer of a place of enrollment will not be made.
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected under certain circumstances.
Saigon South International School reserves the right to amend the procedures contained in this document from time to time.