Lawrence S. Ting Scholarship
Mr. Lawrence S. Ting, along with Mr. Ferdinand Tsien, Vice Chairman of the Phu My Hung Board of Directors, developed the idea of having a quality American school in Vietnam. As true educational visionaries, they had a strong vision for Saigon South International School as an international school with an American curriculum.
In an effort to honor Mr. Ting and his desire to develop global leaders of character, starting in 2005, SSIS chose to honor a host country national student (Vietnamese), who has demonstrated a strong commitment to academic excellence, proficiency in English, embodies our Core Values, demonstrates an interest in global and international affairs along with a willingness to serve others by bettering Vietnam. Each year, SSIS offers this student a 3 year renewable scholarship in Mr. Ting’s name. Students entering into Grade 10 who have only attended local Vietnamese schools are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Students who have attended an international school at any time during their studies are not eligible to apply.
- Mid-January: Application packets available*
- Mid-February: All application materials due
- Early March: Group talk and Admissions test (writing and computer)
- Late of March: Interview
- End of March: Scholarship winner announcement
*The scholarship application packet is available at the SSIS Admissions Office.
- Copy of student and parents passports
- Scholarship application form (included in the packet)
- School reports/transcripts from Grade 6 translated into English
- Confidential recommendation form filled out by English teacher (included in the packet)
- Reference letter (from current school/teachers if available)
- Certificates of extracurricular activities, volunteer works, merits, etc. (if available)