We search for teachers who have full teacher certification and license from an English speaking country (with the exception of those teaching Spanish and Mandarin Chinese where native fluency is preferred and a teaching license from a country where that language is spoken is accepted). For elementary teachers, a Master's degree in education or teaching is preferred. At the middle school and high school levels, a Master's degree in the discipline to be taught, or a Master's in education/teaching, is preferred.
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents in electronic form (PDFs of scanned documents), making sure to reference the position they are interested in as part of the subject line in their email: an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae, transcripts from undergraduate and graduate studies, and any letters of reference which may already be in the candidates possession.
For all teachers, EC through Gr12, qualification, experience, or training in EAL is preferred.
- Openings for 2016-2017 School Year
- Timeline (for 2017-2018 hiring season)
- Openings for 2017-2018 School Year
- Substitute/Supply Teacher Openings
- A caution to all applicants
early OctoberFirst posting of known openings for the 2017-2018 school year. While we prefer to include face-to-face interviews with all candidates, we will hire on a rolling basis, with strong candidates selected as soon as they appear. Key to this stage is strong references from previous schools.
mid-DecemberSecond posting of known openings for the 2017-2018 school year after the deadline for current faculty to return sign contracts.
January/FebruaryThe Head of School and select principals plan to attend the following recruitment fairs:
Search Associates Bangkok (January 2017)
Search Associates Hong Kong (January 2017)
Search Associates Cambridge (January 2017)
SSIS is conducting a comprehensive world-wide search for a permanent Elementary School Assistant Principal who will start service July 2017. - An appointment will be announced shortly.
Further information is available here.
Elementary Openings (EC through Grade 5)
Part-time Librarian (see Middle School listings).
Middle School Openings (Grades 6-8)
Part-time (.4) Physical Education (Shared position between Elementary and Middle School. Please note that part-time positions do not come with the full benefit package of a full-time position. The ideal candidate is already legally resident in HCMC and looking for additional part-time work.)
Part-time (.5) Elementary School/Middle School Librarian (See job description here. Please note that part-time positions do not come with the full benefit package of a full-time position. The ideal candidate is already legally resident in HCMC and looking for additional part-time work.)
High School Openings (Grades 9-12)
Part-time (.4) Drama (IB Drama experience a plus but not required. Please note that part-time positions do not come with the full benefit package of a full-time position. The ideal candidate is already legally resident in HCMC and looking for additional part-time work.)
We maintain a list of experienced, qualified teachers for substitute and replacement teaching in the Elementary, Middle and High Schools. We contact these individuals as need to cover short terms (3-4 days) or unexpected absences by our teachers.
The successful candidate will have:
- A current teaching certificate (or equivalent);
- A Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent;
- Fluency in English;
- Recent successful teaching experience at the elementary or secondary school level.
Applicants interested in working or teaching at an international school should be aware that fraudulent websites exist with promises of employment. Some sites will clone a school’s entire web site to lure in unsuspecting candidates, whilst others will purport to represent employment agencies engaged by the school and authorized to hire teachers and staff. If you are interested in working at SSIS you should know:
1. We never post to any websites other than our own and those of reputable search agencies with which we have signed agreements. (While we have used other respected agencies in the past, we currently are exclusive to Search Associates.)
2. We will consider applications which are sent directly to the School ( email@example.com ), but candidates should be aware that we vigorously check references from multiple previous employers. Unsolicited information regarding candidates sent directly to the school by placement agencies is deleted unread as are applications which link to a prospective employee’s file hosted by an agencies with whom we do not have an agreement.
3. At SSIS, only the Head of School is authorized to extend employment offers. Offers bearing the names or contact information of any other person at the school, or anyone at an employment agency, are not legitimate.
4. SSIS will never ask a prospective employee to send money to the school or to any outside agency for any reason. While some international hires may incur expenses in the process of on-boarding (e.g. the acquisition of a police background check or the notarizing of a document), such money is never sent to SSIS or to any third party and is only reimbursed upon arrival in Vietnam.
5. The interview process for SSIS typically includes Skype conversations with several teacher-leaders and administrators, even when an employee is recruited at a job fair. Pictures of these individuals are accessible on our website to be compared with the individual placing the Skype call.