Lawrence Ting Scholarship
Mr. Lawrence Ting, along with Mr.Ferdinand Tsien, Vice Chairman of the Phu My Hung Board of Directors, developed the idea of having a quality American school in Vietnam. As true educational visionaries, they had a strong vision for Saigon South International School as an international school with an American curriculum.
The Phu My Hung corporation has made a significant effort to develop a quality area in Nam Saigon, while also adding to the infrastructure of Ho Chi Minh City. Its desire to improve and assist does not stop there. Saigon South International School is one more extension of their desire to create quality and to assist in many ways. Now it is time for Saigon South International School to offer more to our host country. SSIS would like to do this in the name of one of our benefactors, Mr. Lawrence Ting
In an effort to honor Mr. Ting and his desire to develop global leaders of character, starting in the 2005-2006 school year SSIS choose to honor a host country national student (Vietnamese), who has demonstrated a strong commitment to academic excellence, proficiency in English, embodies our Core Values , demonstrates an interest in global and international affairs along with a willingness to serve others by bettering his/her country. SSIS will do this by offering to this student a 3 year renewable scholarship in Mr. Ting’s name. Only students coming from a Vietnamese school and entering grade 10 may apply.
- Mid January Application packets available
- Mid February All application materials due
- Early March Group talk and Admissions test (writing and computer)
- End of March Interview
- End of March Scholarship winner announcement
The scholarship application packet is available at Admissions Office – Saigon South International School.
- Copy of student and parents passports
- Scholarship application form (included in the packet)
- School reports/Transcripts from Grade 6 translated into English
- Confidential Recommendation Form (filled out by English teacher) (included in the packet)
- Reference Letter (from current school/teachers if available)
- Certificates of extracurricular activities, volunteer works, merits, etc. (if available)